Last reviewed: May 2021
We respect your personal data. We will:
- Store it securely;
- Delete it when you ask us to.
We will never:
- Share it with anyone else without your permission;
- Contact you if you ask us not to.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
Friends of CSM
If you are a Friend of CSM then we collect information about you including your name, address, email address, level of donation, donation history, and bank details. This information is varyingly available to the CSM staff and trustees.
For those who are not Friends of CSM we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This can include purchasing tickets, signing up to join our mailing list, and visiting our website (see information on website cookies below).
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the particular service you’ve requested, and to keep you informed. CSM undertakes to treat this information in a secure, careful and professional manner and to comply with the following:
- The right to be informed: when you agree to receive information, we will tell you what that information will be.
- The right of access: we will tell you what data we hold about you on request.
- The right to rectification: when you tell us that data we hold about is incorrect, we will correct it on request.
- The right to erasure: when you ask us to, we will remove such data about you as we hold, with some limited exceptions (see below).
- The right to restrict processing: we will reduce or cease the sending of information to you on request.
- The right to object: we will take your objections seriously and take all reasonable action to address your concerns.
When CSM is organising an event, looking for new partners, seeking advice, and generally carrying out the work of the organisation, we will be using all the research tools at our disposal to approach relevant new contacts previously unknown to us. CSM undertakes to do this in a professional mannger and to treat that business data with the same security and care as we do with all the data that we hold. We consider these contacts to be of ‘Legitimate Interest’ to CSM.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND HOW WE USE IT
The information we hold on you will be used in a number of ways, principally to:
- Provide a service you have requested;
- Inform you of events or updates you’ve asked for;
- Contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information;
- Ask whether you are willing to become a Friend of CSM;
- If you are already a Friend of CSM, remind you about special events and renewals of your subscription.
HOW WE HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND OTHER ORGANISATIONS
CSM will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal data to any third parties, unless we are required to through a legal process or have received your specific consent. Some of our service providers may already have access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf. Payment processing is a good example of this. We make sure, as far as we are able, that anyone who provides a service for CSM meets GDPR standards for data security.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
CSM is committed to protecting the information you entrust to us. We adopt robust and appropriate technologies and policies so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorised access and improper use, e.g. our databases are protected by passwords known only to those authorised to use them.
You should find it easy to access and amend the information that we hold on you, or to request that we stop contacting you. It’s your data and we want to make sure you feel in control of it. If you wish to amend, review or stop receiving information from CSM, all our newsletters have a simple ‘unsubscribe’ option; alternatively you can contact us.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
We will continuually review the data that we hold and keep the information that you register with us until:
- It has fulfilled its purpose;
- You request it to be completely removed;
- CSM ceases to exist.
If you ask us to remove your information or to unsubscribe, we will maintain a ‘skeleton record’ to show and ensure that we have complied with your request. There may be other reasons that we cannot completely comply with your request such as recording a purchase,but we will fully disclose why this is.
THE CSM WEBSITE AND OUR USE OF ‘COOKIES’
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
We do not engage in any marketing or advertising practices using cookeis which identify you or your computer and we never share personally-identifiable information with those outside of our business. We share anonymised website usage information with Google Analytics as above.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA
We may disclose information in special cases when we have reason to believe that this is necessary to:
- Comply with the law;
- Protect our rights and the rights of our users.
HOW YOU CAN MANAGE YOUR PRIVACY
Although using cookies (see above) helps us to improve our site, you do not need to accept cookies in order to access our website:
For further information on your rights, our obligations, exceptions and other aspects of the General Data Protection Regulation, please visit the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office: